Wednesday, August 22, 2012

22 August 2012


My dad told me when he first saw Tim and me in 1958-Remember your son will grow to be a mirror image of you and you are now a father forever.  Welcome to the club! And we (mom and I) thank you both for bringing a boy into our family.  Now our family name will be able to move on to a new generation.  There was a LONG HUG between us that day.

I can't remember if I ever told Tim, Peter, John and Tom this Christmas time in Portland. We had driven almost non stop from Montgomery, Alabama to Portland at the end of SOS school.  Fran, Tim, Topper the dog and I driving the 1958 4-door blue/white chevy ?? A/C.  You are special men.  Those boys and girls have watched you in action as a father from the day they were born.  I am sure you think on your growing and what you remember about your own mother and father and granny too.  Then there was JB who we took in.  Tom was a good trooper to put up with JB and problems.  Even today I think on more than +.  Well, this over the fence talk (cartoon attached with men talking over a fence) just brought some past events into this old brain.  It's too late to go back is it not, but each of you have the rest of today and some who knows weeks, months, even years ahead.

You four will be great examples to your children, and of course, they and their freedom and free will will decide what day they get over "Fools Hill".  The church position, as I recall, is about 8 years when one becomes able to will and reason.  The Chinese, I have been told, do not admonish children until about the age of 5.  Hmmm... and of course so many people at the age of 60 years are still not over "Fools Hill".

I have a visit to the Roto-Rooter doctor tomorrow.  Will advise.  Your right leg is not in the proper (move the blood around) It's that old. Diabetes Tim! Toes-Foot-Leg-so better work harder to control the desired #'s each day and make some progress in mass reduction program.  No time like the present.  My blood sugar this morning is 87.  One shot of OJ and I am okay.  Weight now 162 to 166 and holding.  That's about right.  Other MRI's show stuff (normal for old geezers, I guess).  Fran better with long lasting shot to help white count low to move up.

Let's see now, we are thrilled with this day.  Clear blue, maybe 92 degrees in the 70s at night now.

Love you all,
Dad

No comments:

Post a Comment